Lemon ‘n Bill – Coffee Shop | Game Grumps Animated
Lemon ‘n Bill – Coffee Shop
What wacky misadventures will Lemon and Bill gracefully and animatedly get into this time around?
Animation by Alexander Emenheiser
“Lemon n’ Bill” created by Arin Hanson
Audio from Game Grumps
If you are considering becoming an Animator, it’s a great practice to make up random 5-10 sec animations. When I was in school, the teachers asked the students to create short stories- constantly. Some students found it difficult to keep their stories short and simple, receiving failing grades in some cases because they got too lost in their stories.
Tips on creating short stories:
- Starting the story as close to the end as you can.
- Including at last one character they can strongly identify with – either negatively or positively.
- Reveal character motivation or traits essential to the story.
- Ensuring that each character included needs something – even if it was to deliver the paper.
- Metaphors are a great tool – but keep the related to everyday life – or you will lose your audience. In animation, you can be very creative in how you want to express your point and metaphor in the story. You can be very literal or “trippy” depending on who your audience is.
- Know your basic audience and avoid alienating them. Appeal and what people can relate to is an important foundation if you want people to watch your videos.
- Keep a notebook at all times! A quick note now can be a great story tomorrow.
- Have fun with it! If you are not having fun, take a nap. Ideas have to marinate and evolve within you, so relax, have fun and let them flow.
BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR:
Are you a creative person who loves to create content online? Are you a Professional Artist who wants there work noticed?
Add your own channel to Animation Station!