That’ll Be $125.00
Bad Therapy: That’ll Be $125.00 is a comic and cartoon about a couple going to marriage counseling and the absurdity that occurs in the sessions.
If you are considering becoming an Animator, it’s a great practice to make up random 5-10 sec animations. When I was in school, the teachers asked the students to create short stories- constantly. Some students found it difficult to keep their stories short and simple, receiving failing grades in some cases because they got too lost in their stories.
Tips on creating short stories:
- Starting the story as close to the end as you can.
- Including at last one character they can strongly identify with – either negatively or positively.
- Reveal character motivation or traits essential to the story.
- Ensuring that each character included needs something – even if it was to deliver the paper.
- Metaphors are a great tool – but keep the related to everyday life – or you will lose your audience. In animation, you can be very creative in how you want to express your point and metaphor in the story. You can be very literal or “trippy” depending on who your audience is.
- Know your basic audience and avoid alienating them. Appeal and what people can relate to is an important foundation if you want people to watch your videos.
- Keep a notebook at all times! A quick note now can be a great story tomorrow.
- Have fun with it! If you are not having fun, take a nap. Ideas have to marinate and evolve within you, so relax, have fun and let them flow.
BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR:
Are you a creative person who loves to create content online? Are you a Professional Artist who wants there work noticed?
Add a your own channel to Animation Station!We are interested in bringing people on board who have an easy time explaining/documenting their craft/interests.The intention for the channel is to showcase your skills that can be useful to potential clients, sell digital work, and network with other people in the Industry. We will promote your work on the site and our social media accounts. The content has to show Traditional/Digital Art in some form to be accepted.We recruit people in all types of professions. We would love to share your knowledge/skills and help sell your products.We are adding people all the time and there are great opportunities in growing with us!Start TODAY! 🙂